Genshin Impact on Mac with GeForce Now
GeForce Now lets you play Genshin Impact on any Mac computer by streaming the game, as we’ve shown in our guide. This is a cloud gaming service provides Mac users with an easy way to enjoy the game without needing to go through the tedious process of installing Windows and downloading the game, which can take a lot of time and doesn’t work on every Mac. With GeForce Now, the only thing you need to download is the service’s app, through which you can play hundreds of games on your Mac, including Genshin Impact.
Another cloud gaming service that supports Genshin Impact is Boosteroid, and it can be used directly through your browser.
Also, if you want to learn all the methods of how to play Genshin Impact on an Apple computer, you should click the next button. On that page, we cover all viable ways to run this game on both M1/M2 and Intel-based Macs.
How to play Genshin Impact with GeForce Now
- Begin by signing up for an account on the GeForce Now website if you haven’t done so already. If you are creating a new account, you’ll need to choose a subscription plan and provide your payment details to activate the subscription.
- Download the GeForce Now application for your Mac from the official website and install it by opening the downloaded .dmg file and dragging the app’s icon to the Applications folder icon.
- Launch the GeForce Now app and log in to your account.
- Use the search bar in the app to find “Genshin Impact”.
- Once you locate the game, click its tile, select the “Play” button to launch it.
- If you are using GeForce Now for the first time, the app will run a test of your Internet connection. If you are told that your connection isn’t good enough, you can still start the game, but expect to experience lag and stuttering. You can find tips on how you may be able to improve your performance down below.
- After launching the game, sign in to your Genshin Impact account, and you can start playing the game on your Mac using GeForce Now.
Tips to get better performance with Genshin Impact on GeForce Now
- Use a wired Ethernet connection or 5G Wi-Fi: A wired connection can provide a more stable and faster internet connection compared to Wi-Fi, which can result in smoother gameplay. Alternatively, if Ethernet isn’t an option, then you can at least use 5G Wi-Fi, as this will provide you with a significantly improved latency compared to a standard 2.4 GHz connection.
- Check your internet speed: You’ll need a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps to use GeForce Now, but a faster internet connection will provide better performance. Use a speed test tool to check your internet speed and make sure it meets the recommended requirements.
- Close unnecessary applications: Running too many applications in the background can slow down your computer’s performance and affect your gameplay. Close any unnecessary applications before launching GeForce Now to free up system resources.
- Choose the right server location: GeForce Now has servers in different regions, and choosing the server location closest to you can reduce latency and improve performance. You can change the server location by clicking the menu in the top-left and then selecting the Settings button. Then scroll down a bit, and you’ll find the server location settings on the left.
- Optimize in-game settings: Adjusting in-game settings such as resolution, graphics quality, and V-sync can help improve performance. Lowering these settings can reduce the strain on your computer’s hardware and improve your gameplay experience. This, too, is done from the Settings menu.
Leave a Reply