GeForce Now (Mac)
GeForce Now on Mac
GeForce Now is a cloud gaming service provided by NVIDIA that allows users to stream games from a virtual computer on the cloud. When using GeForce Now on Mac, you will be able to play the game you want as if it were installed on your macOS, without actually needing to download it. That comes with several major advantages:
The first one is that it doesn’t matter how demanding the game is, you will still be able to play it, as long as your Mac meets the requirements for using GeForce Now (see below). The second advantage is that, through GeForce Now on Mac you can play games that lack macOS support. Thirdly, GeForce Now would take very little space on the drive, so if you don’t have too much free storage, but want to play a game that’s large in size, this service can help you do that without needing to delete data to free up more space.
Does GeForce Now work on Mac?
Yes, GeForce Now works on Mac computers running macOS 10.11 or later. To use the service, you need to download and install the GeForce Now app from the NVIDIA website. Once you have installed the app, you can log in with your GeForce Now account and stream games from the cloud to your Mac. Note that to stream games, you will need a stable and fast internet connection to ensure a smooth and lag-free gaming experience. Additionally, you will need to own the games you want to play (except for those which are free, of course), as GeForce Now does not provide access to games directly.
Last, but not least, GeForce Now has a free subscription plan which supports gaming sessions that are limited to 1 hour. So, if you are a casual gamer and don’t play games too often, this could work for you. If not, there are two paid options that extend the duration of gaming sessions to meet your gaming needs.
GeForce Now for Mac
There are many games that can run natively on Mac, and while some run smooth, others you have to tweak a little to have a relatively good experience. Fortunately, GeForce Now for Mac eliminates these concerns in terms of performance.
So, if you want to learn how to play Windows games with it, you can follow the instructions below:
- As a first step, be sure to register on Steam if you haven’t done that already as you will need to have a Steam account.
- In case the game you want to play is not available on Steam but on another game store, you must have a registration there.
- Next, you need to purchase the game that you want to play (unless it’s free-to-play).
- After that, visit the GeForce Now site, click on Join Now, and select the Join button below the subscription plan that you want to register for.
- After you have done that, you need to create an account and fill in the required payment details if you’ve selected a paid plan.
- After that, go to your email and confirm the registration, then return to the GeForce Now site and log in again.
- Once you enter your GeForce Now account, click the GeForce Now button from the top, scroll down to the Quick Links section, and select Download apps.
- Next, download the GeForce Now app for macOS, open the installation file, and install the app by dragging its icon to the Applications folder icon.
- Launch GeForce Now from your Applications folder, enter your account, and search for the game you want to play in the search bar.
- Select the game, click on Play, and then, on the pop-up window, click Continue.
- You should wait for GeForce Now to test your connection. If you get a message that your Internet may not be good enough for cloud gaming, you can ignore that message and click Continue to start playing. Note, however, that if you got such a warning, you are likely to get a lot of lag while playing or the game may not be playable in case your Internet connection is bad.
- The last step before the game starts is to connect your GeForce Now to your Steam account. To do that, enter your Steam username and password and game should start in the GeForce Now app.
Yes all good but the problem is counter strike for ex has cstrike folder and you cannot acces the folder only play plain counter strike which is not good , the only reason i have cancel my subscription.
Gracias por la ayuda… nos ha sido de gran utilidad.