Dota 2 is an exciting multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game that pits two teams against each other in a battle for supremacy. One of the key elements that make this game so intriguing is its vast array of items. Dota 2 items can greatly influence the outcome of the game, and understanding them is crucial for success. In this guide, we will break down Dota 2 items into different categories, explaining neutral items, new additions, and how to sell items in the game. So, let’s get started!
- Want to learn how to play Dota 2 on your Mac? Check all the available methods on this page!
Table of Contents
Neutral items in Dota 2
Neutral items in Dota 2 are unique, as they are not purchased from the in-game shop. Instead, they are dropped randomly by neutral creeps as the match progresses. These items are beneficial to both teams, adding an element of chance and strategy to the game.
Neutral items offer a wide range of effects, such as increased damage, mobility, or utility. Remember, though, that you can only carry one neutral item at a time, therefore, choosing the right one for your hero and your team’s strategy is essential.
The Neutral items in Dota 2 come in different tiers and become available at specific time intervals during the game. The longer the game goes on, the better the items you can find, just like unlocking stronger weapons as you progress.
Here’s how it works:
- Tier 1 items start showing up after about 7 minutes of playing.
- Tier 2 items become available when the game reaches around 15 minutes.
- Tier 3 items appear at the 25-minute mark.
- Tier 4 items show up when the game has been going on for about 40 minutes.
- Finally, the most powerful Tier 5 items become available after a whopping 70 minutes of gameplay.
But there’s a twist. Only four items drop from each tier. What’s cool is that these items can be shared among your team. So, if one player finds a great item, they can give it to another player who might benefit from it even more. Teamwork, right?
Dota 2 items can also be grouped into three categories:
- Consumables: These are like health potions or energy drinks. They give you a one-time boost or special effect when you use them.
- Active items: These are like magic spells or special attacks. You can activate them to do something special, like teleporting or creating a protective shield.
- Passive items: These are like the passive abilities your character has, like increased speed or the ability to jump higher. They work all the time without needing to be activated.
Here’s a pro tip: If you have some heroes in your team who need certain items more than others, make sure those heroes get them. It’s like giving the best equipment to your main character in a role-playing game. It can make a big difference in battles.
New Dota 2 Items
Dota 2 periodically introduces new items to the game, enhancing gameplay and keeping it fresh. These new Dota 2 items can completely change the dynamics of a match, so it’s crucial to stay updated because they add exciting new dimensions to hero customization and strategy. Here are two of the new Dota 2 items that you can get in patch 7.35b:
• Khanda is a new item in Dota 2 that has surprised the gaming community. It is created by combining Phylactery with another item called Crystalys. When you have Khanda, it adds a critical strike ability, like hitting for extra damage sometimes. But the really exciting part is that it upgrades Phylactery’s special Empower Spell. This spell now makes your hero’s attacks even more powerful, by adding 75% of your hero’s attack damage to it. And it’s not just the basic damage; it includes all the extra damage your hero gets from items!
People have come up with some fun and unusual ways to use Khanda, like combining it with five Divine Rapiers on heroes like Sniper or Spirit Breaker. It doesn’t have to be that extreme, but it definitely gives a boost to heroes who rely on basic attacks to deal damage, like Sven.
• Parasma is another item that upgrades Witch Blade. It boosts the power of Witch Blade’s special ability, which is linked to intelligence. Now, the intelligence multiplier of Witch Blade is increased from 0.75 to 1, thanks to Parasma.
This is great news for heroes who rely on intelligence, as it means they don’t have to replace Witch Blade in the late game anymore. Parasma not only increases the power of the intelligence-based attack but also reduces the magic resistance of the target by 20%. This is a big deal for heroes like Outworld Destroyer, Storm Spirit, Queen of Pain, and similar heroes who rely on intelligence for their damage.
Keeping an eye on new patch notes and understanding the effects of these new Dota 2 items can give you a competitive edge and make your Dota 2 experience more engaging.
How to sell Dota 2 Items
In Dota 2, players accumulate a variety of items during matches, and sometimes you might find that you have items you no longer need. Learning how to sell Dota 2 items can provide you with extra gold to spend on more crucial items for your hero’s progression.
You can sell items while your character is near any shop, but you’ll only get 50% of the original price. Usually, only the player who owns the item can sell it, unless it’s a fully shareable item that can be sold by any teammate, earning gold for the team.
To sell Dota 2 items, follow these simple steps:
- Open your inventory by pressing the ‘I’ key.
- Right-click on the item you want to sell.
- A pop-up menu will appear; select the “Sell” option.
- Confirm the sale, and the item will be converted into gold.
It’s important to note that some items cannot be sold, and the gold you receive from selling items depends on their rarity and usefulness. Therefore, selling items strategically can help you gain an advantage over your opponents.
Dota 2 Items Market
Lastly, Dota 2 has a bustling marketplace where players can buy and sell in-game items, including cosmetics and skins. This Dota 2 Items market allows you to trade, buy, or sell items with other players, and it can be a great way to acquire specific items you desire or earn some extra cash by selling rare cosmetics.
The Dota 2 Items market operates on a supply-and-demand basis. Popular items with limited availability will be more expensive, while common ones might be cheaper. Understanding this principle is key to making informed decisions. Here are some guidelines to make the marketplace exploration more streamlined:
Types of Items:
- Cosmetics: These alter the appearance of your heroes and items, but don’t affect gameplay. Popular examples include unusual couriers, rare weapon skins, and immortal treasures.
- Marketable Sets: These offer bundled cosmetics for specific heroes, often with unique visual effects and lore.
- Tradeable Items: These include certain event-specific items and some older cosmetic sets that can be directly bought and sold.
- Research Prices: Before buying, use tools like Dota 2 price checkers to see the item’s current market value and historical trends. This helps avoid overpaying.
- Consider Rarity and Demand: Unique and high-demand items, especially those tied to specific heroes or events, will be more expensive. Evaluate if the price aligns with its value.
- Check Quality and Origin: Look for reputable sellers and inspect items for genuine quality.
- Price Competitively: Research similar listings to set a fair price that attracts buyers without undervaluing your item.
- Highlight Unique Features: Use captivating descriptions and high-quality screenshots showcasing the item’s rarity and appeal.
- Consider Payment Options: Offer multiple payment methods like Steam Wallet funds or secure third-party platforms to attract more buyers.
- Investing: Look for undervalued items with potential to appreciate in value due to future updates, events, or hero popularity shifts.
- Flipping: Buy low and sell high! Identify temporarily discounted items with potential for quick resale at a profit.
- Community Trading: Join Dota 2 trading communities and forums to find deals, discuss market trends, and make connections with other traders.
- Stay Safe: Always use secure trading methods and be wary of scams.
- Enjoy the Process: The market can be a fun and rewarding experience. Don’t get caught up solely in profits; enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction of a successful trade.
In conclusion, Dota 2 items are a fundamental aspect of the game, and understanding them is essential for any player looking to succeed. By mastering neutral items, keeping up with new additions, and learning how to sell items efficiently, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a formidable Dota 2 player.
This guide has merely scratched the surface of Dota 2’s item universe, so remember that mastering the game is an ongoing journey. Experiment, explore guides like those below, and watch pro players to refine your understanding. With the right tools and knowledge, you’ll be ready to forge your own legendary Dota 2 story!