MacResearch Webcast on Developing Apps for iPad to Cover Papers and Mental Case
On Tuesday 6th July, 2010, at 10am US Pacific time MacResearch will broadcast a free webcast on developing apps for the iPad. MacResearch’s own Alexander Griekspoor and Drew McCormack will be the guests, and will discuss the process of porting Papers and Mental Case to the iPad.
The abstract of the talk:
Picturing the iPad as just a big iPod touch misses the point of the device entirely. iPad apps are not just scaled up iPhone apps. The extra screen real estate provided by the iPad challenges application developers to be more creative, and find efficient uses for the space.
We’ll discuss some of the dilemmas we faced in migrating two successful iPhone apps, Papers and Mental Case, to the iPad. We’ll look at how designing and developing for the iPad differs from designing and developing for the iPhone, and in what ways it is similar. Our experiences marketing the apps will also be covered.
Information for joining the webcast live is as follows:
Webcast ID: MacResearch
1) Make sure you have the very latest version of Mac OS X installed by running Software Update.
2) If you are unable to watch the video, you may have streaming ports blocked on your firewall by your Internet administrator or Internet service provider. If this is the case, you can try changing the QuickTime streaming transport setup from UDP to HTTP. Follow these steps in Mac OS X:
– Open System Preferences.
– Click the QuickTime preference pane.
– Click the Advanced Tab.
– Under the Transport Setup pull-down menu, choose “Custom…”.
– Change the Transport Protocol from UDP with a RTSP Port ID of 554 to HTTP with a Port ID of 80.
3) The webcast team monitors the video and audio stream throughout the webcast. Unfortunately, internet congestion (on the viewers end) can cause video and audio breaking up. If this occurs, try logging out and back in again.
4) Check Apple Sales Web (http://asw.apple.com) for the on-demand version of the webcast, if you are unable to resolve technical issues. Most webcasts are posted on Apple Sales Web within 10 days of the broadcast date.
Martina is the managing consultant for UX/UI and security analysis applications. She has 8 years experience in Mac related software solutions. Her MBA Degree in Finance has given her a broader perspective on FinTech Startups.Ask question