Table of Contents
About Satisfactory on Mac
Satisfactory is an open-world factory building simulator game created by Coffee Stain Studios. The game’s goal is to land on an alien planet, collect materials and different resources, and build multi-story factories that produce whatever you want. A variety of tasks то tackle and challenges to face during the factory setup will add to the fun. Vehicles can be used to transport resources and supplies like oil, aluminum, and other materials to the industrial lines. The open-world gameplay is fascinating to explore both, as a single-player or with buddies in a multiplayer mode.
Satisfactory lets you have a first-person experience into the world of modern technologies and make the best of what the new planet can offer. The game is beautifully designed and although it is now only accessible on Windows, in the next lines we will show you how to run it on Mac.
Satisfactory is a first-person open-world game that gives you room for a lot of exploration, factory building, and a little bit of combat. Once you start, you’ll have the chance to explore an exotic new planet and everything that it has to offer.
As you play, you’ll slowly conquer nature and make good use of the planet’s resources by building factories and developing however you like.
To reduce manual labor, you can use automation at your side and create sophisticated webs of conveyor belts to supply everything you need. You can use trucks and trains to reach remote outposts, and transport liquids in pipelines.
The game will take you on expeditions where you can search for new materials and make sure to use them all. The planet is all for you to explore. You can use vehicles, jetpacks, jump pads, and other tools to help you explore. You also need to make sure you are prepared for any encounters with the local wildlife.
Satisfactory gives you a lot of options for personalization. You can design your factory as you choose. Your tailor-made factory might be built at high altitudes or on wide plains.
Еarly Access Game
It is noteworthy to say that if you want to play Satisfactory, you should know that the game is in early access, thus, its minimum requirements may change over time.
Satisfactory has been under development since 2016 and played for over a year. The development team is working hard to create an ultimate industrial construction game in three dimensions and heavily relies on the growing community’s support.
To the date of this writing, there is no official information about how long will Early Access be for this game. The developers are dedicated to polishing it until they are satisfied and are planning to release loads of content and features to add to the game while polishing the core experience. This includes re-designing and improving the world and its landmarks, adding rewards and creatures, adding more optimization and support, as well as adding new achievements.
So far, Satisfactory has launched three big content updates that include cross-play. Presently, the game is an excellent start for a single player but needs work for multiplayer.
Gamers have poured hundreds of hours into Satisfactory already. If you want to start, be prepared to dedicate around 150+ hours to get the things in the game going. The basic mechanics are fun and solid and there is a big open-world to explore, both as a single-player or in multiplayer mode.
Can you play Satisfactory on Mac?
Satisfactory is a game about realizing your potential and making the best of the resources you discover. As you play, you are given more tools to automate and optimize your factories and production. Your imagination is the only limit.
Satisfactory demands a significant portion of PC resources, however, a powerful Mac can run the game without trouble. More about how to install it on your machine you can read in the next paragraph.
How to play Satisfactory on Mac
To play Satisfactory on Mac, you can run the game directly in your browser using Boosteroid, or you can run it through the GeForce Now app. If you want to play Satisfactory on your Mac after downloading, you must first install Windows on your Mac.
Since the game is not supported for Mac, workaround methods need to be applied in order to play it on a Mac computer. The most straightforward option is to play Satisfactory through Boosteroid – a cloud-gaming platform that lets you play a wide selection of gaming titles directly from your browser, without needing to actually have the game on your machine (Opera and Google Chrome are the recommended browser for Boosteroid). GeForce Now, another cloud-gaming service, is also a viable option for playing games that don’t have macOS versions, such as Satisfactory, on a Mac. We will present you with a quick guide on how to set up both of these services on your Mac and run Satisfactory using them. If, however, you want to have the game on you want to have the game downloaded and installed on your Mac and play it that way, there is a way you could do this, but it requires a bit more time and effort, as you’d first need to get Windows installed on the Mac. Instructions on how to do that will be shown to you further down this post.
Satisfactory Set Up Methods
|Cloud Gaming||– No set-up required – Register and Play|
– Access to a Library of over 70 top-rated free Games
– Smooth performance
– Compatible with M1 and Intel Macs
|– Monthly Fee|
– Requires Decent Internet Connection
– No Free Trial
|BootCamp||– Free to use any time|
– Windows 10 Environment
|– Painful Setup|
– Mediocre Performance
– Only Compatible with Intel Macs
|Parallels Virtual Machine||– Easy Set-up |
– Adequate Performance
– Play almost any PC game
– Windows 11 environment
– Compatible with M1 and Intel Macs
– 14-day free trial
|– Yearly Fee|
Satisfactory with Cloud Gaming
Satisfactory is now available to play on cloud gaming servers. This assures NO
compatibility issues while playing on your Mac as well as top-notch performance.
Step 1. Get Satisfactory
Before playing Satisfactory make sure you get the game through the official websites. For the moment only the Steam the version is compatible with cloud gaming services such as Boosteriod and Geforce.
Step 2. Register and Add Satisfactory To Boosteroid Cloud Gaming Library
All you need to do now is register for Boosteroid. This allows you to add Satisfactory to their Cloud Gaming Library. Once uploaded you can seamlessly play the game from your Mac, TV or Mobile Device.
When Registered you will have additional access to more than 70 top-rated games for free. Pricing varies depending on the subscription plan.
Regardless of which method of playing the game on your Mac you chose, you will need to already own the game in order to be able to play it. Therefore, the first thing you should do is go to Steam’s website, register if you don’t have an account, and buy the game from its Steam page. After that, you can try the methods below and see which one provides you with the best gameplay experience.
Using Boosteroid to play Satisfactory on Mac
- Start by going to Boosteroid.com and creating a new account there.
- Once you enter your Boosteroid account, search for Satisfactory in the search bar at the top and click on the game’s tile.
- Click Play on the Satisfactory page and, if this is your time trying to play a game through Boosteroid, you will be asked to first purchase a paid subscription plan – click the Subscribe button.
- Choose the subscription plan that suits your needs better and purchase it.
- Start the game and click the OK, let’s go button to confirm that you are okay with connecting your Steam account to Boosteroid.
- Once the game loads, sign in with your Steam account’s details – after that, the game should start shortly, and you will be able to play Satisfactory from within your browser. To toggle the full-screen mode on or off, press together the Control + Command + F keys.
Using GeForce Now to play Satisfactory on Mac
- Get yourself a GeForce Now account and choose a subscription plan that you’d like to use. If you pick one of the paid variants, provide the required payment details to purchase the plan.
- Download the GeForce Now app for Mac and install it.
- Start the app and log in with your GeForce Now account details.
- Search for Satisfactory in the search bar, click on the game, select the Steam button underneath its title, click Play, and then click Continue.
- After the game loads, you will be asked to enter your Steam account in order to start playing – provide your Steam username and password, log in with them, and the game will start.
You will find more details on using GeForce Now on this page.
How to download Satisfactory on Mac
To download Satisfactory on Mac, you will first need to have Windows 10 or 11 (depending on the Mac model) installed on the computer. The methods to install Windows and download Satisfactory on your Mac are to use Parallels or Boot Camp Assistant.
The two methods of installing Windows on your Mac in order to be able to get Satisfactory (or any other PC-exclusive game) installed on your Mac are quite different from one another and, in general, the Parallels method is the one we’d recommend using in most cases, especially if you are using a Mac that’s newer and has good specifications that meet the recommended system requirements for the game.
Note that, regardless of which method you choose to use, it’s preferable if your Mac meets the recommended requirements of Satisfactory – since the workaround methods we are about to show you aren’t as optimized as playing the game natively, on a PC, if your Mac only meets the minimum requirements of the game, you will likely get very poor performance while playing.
Satisfactory on Mac with Parallels
- Download Parallels from this link and install it on your Mac – get to the Parallels screen where you need to choose a Windows installation file and then move on to Step 2.
- If you have an Intel-based Mac, download a 64-bit Windows 10 installation file from here. If you are on an M1 Mac, get registered on this page and then download a Windows 11 HVDX file from here.
- Using the file you downloaded in the previous step, create a Windows virtual machine with Parallels, create a Parallels account, and enter the virtual machine.
- Go to Steam, download the Steam client, and then download and install Satisfactory through it.
You will find a more detailed guide on the process of creating a Parallels Windows 10/11 virtual machine if you visit this link.
Satisfactory on Mac with Boot Camp
- Go to Microsoft’s site and download a Windows 10 ISO file (64-bit).
- Go to Applications > Utilities, open Boot Camp Assistant, choose the Windows 10 ISO file, and give the Windows partition enough space for the Windows 10 and for the game (at least 120-130 GB).
- Select install in Boot Camp Assistant, and follow the installation prompts for Windows 10 when your Mac restarts.
- Complete the installation, update your Mac’s Windows drivers, and then download Steam and use it to download Satisfactory.
Click on this link if you’d like to see a more in-depth guide on using Boot Camp Assistant.
Satisfactory on Mac M1
Playing Satisfactory on Mac M1 is possible through Boosteroid and GeForce Now, so long as you have a stable and fast Internet connection. If you, instead, want to play Satisfactory on your Mac M1 after downloading it, use Parallels to create a Windows virtual machine.
Using Parallels is the only way to get Windows on your M1 Mac and thus become able to download and play Satisfactory on it. The Boot Camp Assistant app only works on Intel-based Macs and, as those are getting replaced by M1 models, the Boot Camp Assistant method would eventually become obsolete. Parallels, on the other hand, receives frequent updates and improvements, many of which are focused on providing Mac users with a better gaming experience through Windows, and seeing as how M1 Macs are quite powerful, using Parallels for gaming on such machines is quite a viable option.
An even better Mac gaming option, however, remains the use of cloud gaming. It saves you time, effort, and storage space on your Mac’s drive. The only noteworthy downside is that, without a strong and fast Internet connection, you won’t get very good gameplay performance due to lag and latency. However, if your Internet connection is good enough, you can start playing Satisfactory on your M1 Mac in a matter of minutes, without the need to wait for the game to download and install.