Table of Contents
Resident Evil Village on Mac
Resident Evil Village is a survival horror game that comes as a sequel to the seventh mainline entry in the Resident Evil series. The story of the game begins a few years after the tragic events of Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, with protagonist Ethan Winters and his wife Mia settling down in a new place and trying to put the past behind them. Again, misfortune strikes just as they begin to create a life together. Mia is brutally killed and their baby daughter Rosemary is kidnapped to a mysterious European village.
Players take control of Ethan, as he explores the village, populated by mutant monsters in a search for his daughter. To survive, Ethan has to scavenge for supplies and carefully manage his resources, much like in earlier Resident Evil games. Although the game retains the strategy elements of the original series, Resident Evil Village upgrades the gameplay to a more action-packed one by increasing the number of enemies and placing more focus on battle. So, if you have an itch for action-heavy survival-horror, then this game will scratch it like a fistful.
The player is immersed in the Resident Evil Village setting from the first-person viewpoint. The whole action takes place in a wide and immersive world set in a cold Eastern European village full of dangers to explore. Some of the buildings and other structures in the main settlement may be scaled and used as platforms from which to launch attacks. Compared to Biohazard, this game has a greater emphasis on action, and Ethan Winters’ rich set of combat skills gives him an advantage in fighting.
The Lycans, the game’s main enemies, are not just fast and smart, they can also use weapons and attack in packs, making the player reevaluate whether to use the game’s limited ammo, resort to physical fighting, or simply flee away.
The Duke is the main merchant in the game that sells food, weapons, and other stuff to the players. The Duke will gladly prepare dishes out of whatever catch the players bring in from a hunt. Eating side dishes allows the player to gain some advantages such as to reduce the damage taken while blocking enemies. The Duke may be offered treasures and collectibles that can be found around the village in exchange for in-game currency.
Within the first hour of Resident Evil Village, you’ll be thrown into a seemingly unending wave of attackers. Given the game’s increased focus on action, however, your options in fighting are significantly expanded. You can cut off the way for your foes by blocking their entry points, or you can block your own escape route by closing an exit they may use.
As long as you have the resources, you can make your own ammunition, and shoot commonplace items like explosives canisters or sacks of grain to either kill or distract your pursuers. You’ll feel like you’re up against an army in every battle, despite the fact that the AI your enemies use is quite simplistic and they mostly just lumber straight at you.
The game’s highlight is unquestionably the Castle Dimitrescu, and although the other sites you may explore are somewhat fascinating, they still can’t come any close to the initial impression and the dangers of the castle. The gunplay is enjoyable, and the cycle of collecting resources and solving puzzles is interesting right up to the end of Resident Evil Village. So, if you are into action-packed survival horror, Resident Evil Village has a lot to offer you and comes with its fair share of good scares.
When Does Resident Evil Village Come To Mac?
The announcement that Resident Evil Village is coming to the Apple environment has piqued the interest of many Mac players. Unfortunately, no specific date has been set as of yet, but the creators have promised that you will be able to play their terrifying masterpiece sometime in late 2022. If you’re wanting to join in on Ethan Winter’s next journey, the most recent Mac laptops will be your best bet for navigating the beautiful environment that the developer Capcom has created.
Can you play Resident Evil Village on Mac?
There is currently no official Resident Evil Village game version for Mac OS, thus players will have to resort to hacks in order to enjoy the game on their Mac machine.
Boosteroid, a cloud gaming service that offers the game in their library, allows Mac users to play Resident Evil Village without having to worry about installing or configuring any software. But if you want to download the game and play it on your Mac without having to rely on your internet connection, you’ll need a specialized software like Boot Camp or Parallels to run the Windows version of Resident Evil Village on your Mac.
We’ve described several methods to play below, so you can get as close as possible to the PC gameplay experience of Resident Evil Village while playing it on your Mac.
How to play Resident Evil Village on Mac
Resident Evil Village may be streamed to your Mac and played there with the help of cloud gaming services like Boosteroid. If you don’t prefer live-streaming, but you still want to play the game, a Windows virtual machine needs to be set up on a Mac, and the Windows version of Resident Evil Village can then be downloaded and installed in order to play the game.
Each of the methods shown here has its own set of pros and cons which you can see in the table. If you’re using a Mac and have a decent Internet connection, you may be able to have a smooth gaming experience with Boosteroid. Alternatively, you may turn to creating a Windows environment on your Mac with the virtualization tools described below.
Resident Evil Village Set Up Methods
|Cloud Gaming||– No set-up required – Register and Play|
– Access to a Library of over 70 top-rated free Games
– Smooth performance
– Compatible with M1 and Intel Macs
|– Monthly Fee|
– Requires Decent Internet Connection
– No Free Trial
|BootCamp||– Free to use any time|
– Windows 10 Environment
|– Painful Setup|
– Mediocre Performance
– Only Compatible with Intel Macs
|Parallels Virtual Machine||– Easy Set-up|
– Adequate Performance
– Play almost any PC game
– Windows 11 environment
– Compatible with M1 and Intel Macs
– 14-day free trial
|– Yearly Fee|
How to Get Resident Evil Village on Mac?
To get Resident Evil Village you need to purchase the game from the Steam store.
Now you will need to register for Boosteroid. This allows you to add Resident Evil Village to their Cloud Gaming Library. Once uploaded you can seamlessly play the game from your Mac, TV, or Mobile Device.
When Registered you will have additional access to more games for free. Pricing varies depending on the subscription plan.
Play Resident Evil Village on Mac using Boosteroid
One of the major benefits of using the Boosteroid cloud gaming service is that there is no need to install any extra software or download Resident Evil Village in order to play it in the cloud. Your Mac’s technical specs are also not of a great importance, so there’s no need to worry about meeting certain system requirements or storage space, either. If you have a Mac, a Boosteroid subscription, and a good and stable internet connection, you can load up Resident Evil Village and start playing in no time. To make things easy for you, please follow these Boosteroid steps to live-stream Resident Evil Village on your Mac.
- In your browser, go to Boosteroid.com and create an account.
- Sing in with your new account, click on your profile details in the upper-right corner of the screen and select My account from the left panel.
- Under My subscription, choose a plan and a payment method.
- After your subscription is activated, you can search for the game in the Boosteroid search bar and click on Install & Play.
- Log in with your Steam account by clicking on the Okay, lets go button.
- Read the User Licence Agreement and click on Accept.
- Once you’ve linked your Steam Store account to your Boosteroid account, click on the game in the Steam Store to play.
How to download Resident Evil Village on Mac
To download and play Resident Evil Village on a Mac, you’ll need to create a virtual Windows environment first, which can be done with the help of a virtualization program like Boot Camp or Parallels.
If your Mac is with Intel processor, our recommendation is to use the Boot Camp program but if your Mac is with an M1 chip, it is best to use Parallels.
The following instructions provide a quick overview of how to install Windows on a Mac using these two programs but for more details, please see the detailed installation instructions available in the links below.
Play Resident Evil Village on Mac using Boot Camp Assistant
- To install Windows on a Mac with Boot Camp, you first need to get the ISO (64bit) file from the official Microsoft’s website.
- Next, open Boot Camp from Applications >> Utilities and click on Continue. After that, select the ISO file you downloaded to import it in the program, then click Next.
- If you want to dual-boot your Mac with Windows, you’ll need to create separate partitions for each operating system on the drive, then click Install and wait for your Mac to reboot.
- After the reboot, Windows 10 setup will begin. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Once you’ve installed Windows and downloaded the necessary drivers to your Windows disk, you can use Steam to download and play Resident Evil Village on the Windows partition of your Mac.
Play Resident Evil Village using Parallels
- To install the Parallels virtualization software on your Mac, visit Parallels.com and download the Parallels installation file from the official website.
- Launch the downloaded file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install Parallels on your Mac.
- Open the newly installed Parallels software and click the “Install Windows” button to begin setting up your Windows environment.
- Make a profile in Parallels, or sign in to the virtual machine with one of the offered ways.
- With Parallels running, use your Steam client to download Resident Evil Village and play it.
Downloading Resident Evil Village on Mac from Steam
- Resident Evil Village can be downloaded and played on Mac via Steam, but for that you have to have a Steam account, so either sign up for a new one or use one you already have.
- On the Steam website, click the “Install Steam” button in the upper right corner and download installation file to set up the Steam client on your Windows virtual computer.
- After the client has been installed successfully, you may log in using your Steam credentials.
- Next, go to the Steam Store and search for “Resident Evil Village”.
- Click on the “Add to Cart” button to purchase the game, then confirm with a click on “Purchase for Myself” and fill in your payment details.
- To install Resident Evil Village, go to the Steam’s library, select the game title from the Library of purchased games and then click on the Install button.
- Once the installation is complete, you should find the game in your Steam library ready to play.
Resident Evil Village on Mac M1
There are two methods available to play Resident Evil Village on a Mac M1. If you’re looking for the fastest and most convenient way to play video games, look no further and go for a cloud service like Boosteroid. With cloud gaming, you can play games on your Mac M1 through live-streaming, without downloading and installing them.
To play Resident Evil Village on your Mac M1, you may also use the program Parallels to set up a virtual Windows environment, after which you can install the game on the Windows drive. While the performance of Resident Evil Village may be compromised a bit depending on the method you select, it is still possible to play the game and have fun with it on a Mac M1 if you follow the steps above.