Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on Mac
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales is an action-adventure video game that follows the adventures of the Marvel Comics character Miles Morales. The game is a standalone expansion of Marvel’s Spider-Man from 2018 and is the second game in Insomniac’s Spider-Man series.
The story centers on a conflict that suddenly arises in Miles’s home, Harlem, between the Roxxon Energy Corporation and a high-tech criminal army called the Underground.
As Miles struggles to combine the responsibilities of his civilian life with his position as the second Spider-Man, the young boy has no other option but to learn quickly and claim Peter Parker’s place.
Most of the gameplay of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales is identical to that of the first game. The open-world setting from the predecessor makes a return, but this time with a wintery take on a fictionalized version of present-day Manhattan.
Miles is controlled in a manner similar to that of Peter Parker in the original game. He is equipped with web shooters that can be used during traversal and battle in a variety of ways, as well as a “spider-sense” that alerts him to approaching attackers. He can leap, stick to surfaces, and fast-travel using the New York City subway system. However, aside from the similarities, the players have access to unique character skills that are unlocked as the plot develops.
For instance, they may temporarily render Miles invisible with a new ability to camouflage and destroy nearby enemies with the devastating new power of Mega Venom Blast, which consists of a large explosion of bio-electricity.
The game has new tools, such as Remote Mines, that can be attached to foes or electrical panels, a gadget that can be used to call on holographic fighters to help in battle, and Gravity Wells, which can trap numerous foes at once, making them easier to attack. A skill tree system, similar to that in the previous game, lets the players improve Miles’ skills and gear as they advance through the game.
In addition to the new gadgets, the game provides players with an in-game smartphone app that alerts them about crimes in New York and their precise locations. The app also alerts them to any side missions that must be completed in order to progress in the game.
At some points in the game, the player takes control of Miles in his normal life, where he can’t use his powers or equipment. There are certain parts of the gameplay where players come across new and returning side characters, related to the story.
There are several unlockable outfits, some of which are based on the character’s appearances in other media, while others are entirely new designs made for the game. When using them, Miles is able to withstand more damage, remain invisible for longer periods of time, and restore his Venom Power more quickly.
Visuals and sound
The game impresses with real-time ray-tracing effects and gives players a fully immersive visual experience that doesn’t fall short of its predecessor.
When compared to the 2018 game’s soundtrack, which relied more on symphonic themes, the music included in Miles Morales’ version is a fusion of orchestral themes and hip-hop tracks. The soundtrack has three new songs made especially for the game, as well as many surround sound effects that make the gameplay feel more real.
Miles Morales is the next adventure in Marvel’s Spider-Man universe and it perfectly sets the stage for other entries in the series. The game is smaller than its predecessor in size, but it has a new story, fun new gadgets, new enemies, and a whole bunch of new missions that fans would enjoy completing.
Can you play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on Mac?
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales can be played on a Mac, but since the game has no official Mac OS version, users need to turn to workarounds.
A quick solution that can give you a relatively good gaming experience is to install Windows on your Mac with the help of Parallels or Boot Camp Assistant and download the Windows version of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on your Mac with Steam or Epic Games.
Below, we’ve explained in detail how to use these two programs to get as near as possible to the experience of playing Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Windows PC version on your Mac.
If the process of downloading and installing the game on your Mac looks too time-consuming, you can play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales with Boosteroid – a cloud gaming service that has the game in its library and allow you to stream it in your browser.
How to download Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on Mac?
To download and play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on your macOS, you’ll first need to create a Windows virtual environment on your Mac and then download and install the game from Steam or Epic Games.
The methods that you’re about to read include using Parallels and Boot Camp Assistant – two reliable Windows virtualization programs that can provide you with a satisfying gaming experience, depending on the specifics of your Mac.
How to play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on Mac?
To play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales you need to get the game.
After that, you need to select a method to play:
|Methods||Who is it for?|
|Cloud Gaming (Boosteroid)||For those who want smooth performance with the ability to casually play all games with the highest visual quality in a matter of minutes.|
|BootCamp||For those who don’t mind sacrificing visual fidelity and performance to get a native experience.|
|Parallels Virtual Machine||For those willing to let their mac run hot in order to get adequate performance in a native experience|
How to play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on Mac M1?
At the time of this writing, playing Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on a Mac M1 is possible in two ways. You can stream the game with Boosteroid and enjoy it in your browser immediately. Or, you can use Parallels software to create a Windows virtual machine and then download the game to the Windows VM with Steam or Epic Games. Keep in mind that by using this method, the game’s performance won’t be identical to playing the game on a Windows PC, but you should still be able to enjoy Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on a Mac M1 without any major issues.
Also, please note that while Parallels can be used with both Intel-based and M1 Based Macs, Boot Camp Assistant is only compatible with Macs that have an Intel processor.
Play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on Mac with Boosteroid
Playing games via cloud gaming services like Boosteroid is quick and does not require you to install anything on your machine. The technical specifics of your Mac also are not of importance when it comes to playing games on the cloud. Your gaming experience is solely reliant on the speed of your internet connection.
To start Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, you need just to create a Boosteroid account and subscribe to the service. Then, find the game in the Boosteroid library, click the Play button on the game’s Boosteroid page and enjoy.
To stream Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales with Boosteroid, please read the following instructions:
- As a start, open your browser and go to the Boosteroid.com website to create an account.
- Next, log in and click on your account’s name at the top right corner to access your profile settings.
- Select Subscribe, from the options that are available and then select a subscription plan. You will be asked to add your payment details to activate your Boosteroid subscription.
- Once you have a subscription to the service, use the search field of the site and search for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
- Click the Play button, and then confirm with the OK button to connect your Boosteroid account with your Steam/Epic Games account.
- The store’s login screen will appear. Log in with your Steam/Epic Games credentials and wait for the game to start.
- If the game doesn’t load for any reason, start it from the Library section and enjoy.
Play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales using Parallels
- First, you need to go to Parallels website and download the Parallels setup file.
- Next, run the setup file and install the virtualization software on your Mac by following the instructions on the screen.
- Next, open Parallels and select the “Install Windows” button to begin the process of installing Windows.
- You will need to create a Parallels profile or sign in to the newly created Windows virtual machine using one of the signup alternatives listed in the program.
- Finally, you can download Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on your Mac with the Steam or the Epic Games client and install it on the Windows VM.
If you come across any issues in setting Windows up, please check out our Full Parallels Guide for solutions.
Play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on Mac using Boot Camp Assistant
- To install Windows on a Mac With Boot Camp you should first download the Windows 64-bit ISO file from the official Microsoft website.
- Then, on your Mac, open Boot Camp Assistant from Applications > Utilities.
- Click on the Continue button, select the ISO file you just downloaded, and import it into the program.
- Next, create enough space for the macOS and the Windows partitions on the disk, and click Install.
- Wait for your Mac to restart and you should see that the Windows 10 installation will start automatically. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process and make the necessary settings.
- Finally, after Windows is all set up and running, you can use Steam or Epic Games to download and play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on Mac.
If you need more detailed instructions on how to install Boot Camp Assistant, please check our Complete Boot Camp guide
How to download Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on Mac from Steam
- To be able to download and play Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on your Mac, you need to have a Steam account.
- Go to the Steam website, log in with your account and click on the Install Steam button in the top-right corner of the website.
- Save the Steam client setup file on your Mac and install the program by using the instructions from the installer.
- Next, log in to the client with your Steam credentials and search for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales in the Steam client’s Store.
- Select the game, purchase it by clicking on the “Add to Cart” button, then “Purchase for Myself” and fill in your payment details.
- Next, install Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on your Mac, by going to Steam’s library, selecting the game, and clicking on the Install button.
- After the installation, the game should appear as a ready-to-play shortcut on your desktop or in your Steam library.