Table of Contents
Gotham Knights on Mac
Gotham Knights is a role-playing game developed by WB Games Montréal and published by Warner Bros. The game has taken inspiration from the Batman: Gotham Knights comic series, which is based on the popular DC comic character Batman.
To be clear, Gotham Knights is not a sequel to Arkham Knight, the latest game in the Arkham series. Plus, Batman is not a playable character in the game. Although the ending of Arkham Knight and the beginning of Gotham Knights center on Batman’s disappearance, the two games couldn’t be more different in gameplay. There is no relation between the Gotham Knights game and the Gotham Knights upcoming TV series either, despite the fact that both take place in DC’s Batman Universe.
The game has an original story of its own that follows four characters, Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, and Red Hood, as they try to bring justice to Gotham City after Batman’s death.
The protagonists feature moves and battle techniques unique to the Gotham Knights game only. Each of the characters has a different playstyle and special abilities. Players are free to raise the levels of their characters, but the difficulty level of their foes will also rise proportionally. To traverse Gotham, characters may ride vehicles like the Batcycle.
The main base of operations for the team is called the Belfry. There, you can switch between the playable characters, manage their progress, and make preparations for the next mission. If you have a preference for a specific hero, you can play the whole game with it. When you leave the Belfry, the day ends and the night begins.
While the story is best experienced on your own, the game also supports cooperative play for two players, with each player able to join in or leave at any moment. A new four-player cooperative mode called “Heroic Assault” will be made available as an add-on for all owners of the game on the 29th of November, 2022. In this game mode, you can fight enemies in an arena while trying to achieve a number of goals.
The developers at WB Games Montreal claim that the Gotham Knights game world is the biggest rendition of Gotham that has been represented in a Batman video game ever.
The city looks vibrant and busy, with citizens going about their daily lives. The Gotham City Police Department and other famous places from the Batman Universe (the movies, TV shows, and comics) have been recreated with a lot of care.
Some of the city’s most notorious villains make an appearance in the game. A hidden organization known as the Court of Owls and its army of brainwashed assassins called Talons come into confrontation with the Gotham Knights as they investigate the circumstances around Batman’s death. But the characters are faced with a number of other villains as well. Throughout the game, you’ll meet Professor Pyg, Talon, and the Penguin, as well as Mr. Freeze and Clayface.
As one of the first DC-related games after the release of Batman: Arkham Knight, Gotham Knights carries the heavy burden of comparison. However, the game demonstrates its own mark when it comes to visuals. The city is a blend of color and shine. The characters look great and are created with an eye for detail. In terms of design, the game can easily find a place next to what Batman: Arkham Knight represented when it came out, with graphically stunning effects and spectacular sights.
The soundtrack suggests a dramatic climax befitting the Gotham Knights’ mission to bring justice to the city. If you are up for an epic adventure and challenging fights, take the role of a knight and reveal the secrets of the city.
Can you play Gotham Knights on Mac?
Mac users can play Gotham Knights and other Windows games on a Mac if they sign up for the Boosteroid cloud gaming service. An alternative way to play Gotham Knights on Mac is to install Windows with the help of a tool like Parallels or Boot Camp
Unfortunately, Gotham Knights is not Mac-compatible, so you won’t be able to play it on your computer unless you’re willing to resort to some workarounds. If you really want to play Gotham Knights and your Mac doesn’t support it natively, you can always try streaming it or running it on a Windows-emulated environment.
Both of those are viable methods that are very easy to set up, so it’s up to your personal preference which one you will use. Here, we’ll break down those options for you and show you how to put them to practice.
How to download Gotham Knights on Mac
If you want to play Gotham Knights on a Mac, you’ll need to have Windows installed, either on a virtual machine or on your hard drive. You can use one of the two methods to get around the game’s lack of official Mac support.
To run Windows 10 or Windows 11 in a virtual machine on your Mac, you can use software like Parallels for Mac. This software should work without any problems on both Macs powered by Apple’s Silicon processors and those powered by Intel CPU.
The Boot Camp Assistant, included on all Macs powered by Intel, is another viable method of installing and running Windows 10. Unfortunately, M1 Macs aren’t compatible with the Boot Camp Assistant software, so you can’t run it on them.
How to play Gotham Knights on Mac
If you have Windows installed on your Mac through Parallels or Boot Camp, you can download Gotham Knights and play it locally. Alternatively, if you don’t want any additional software installed on your Mac, you can sign up for an account with Boosteroid, subscribe to their service, and play Gotham Knights in your browser through streaming.
|Cloud Gaming||– No set-up required – Register and Play|
– Access to a Library of over 70 top-rated free Games
– Smooth performance even on old Macs
|– Monthly Fee|
– Requires a Decent Internet Connection
|BootCamp||– Free to use at any time|
– Windows 10 Environment
|– Painful Setup|
– Mediocre Performance
– Only Compatible with Intel Macs
|Parallels Virtual Machine||– Easy Set-up|
– Adequate Performance
– Play almost any PC game
– Windows 11 environment
– Compatible with M1 and Intel Macs
– 14-day free trial
|– Yearly Fee|
How to get Gotham Knights on Mac
You can get Gotham Knights on Mac by purchasing it on Steam or the Epic Games store. Then, you can play it with Boosteroid or download it on your Mac after installing Windows with Parallels or Boot Camp Assistant.
Once you have purchased Gotham Knights, you can register in the Boosteroid cloud gaming service and use it to stream the game to your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
Play Gotham Knights on Mac with Boosteroid
To play Gotham Knights on your Mac via cloud gaming you need to create a Boosteroid account and subscribe to the streaming service. After doing that, you can play Gotham Knights on Mac by clicking the Play button on the game’s Boosteroid page.
There are several advantages of using Boosteroid to play games online. For one, there’s no need to download the game or any other software. Also, you don’t have to make room on your Mac’s hard disk before you can start playing. The model of your Mac in terms of its hardware also doesn’t matter. The quality of your online gaming session depends only on your Internet connection’s stability and speed.
If you want to stream the game via Boosteroid, please follow these instructions:
- First, visit Boosteroid.com and create an account for the service.
- Log in and click your accounts name top right to access your profile settings.
- Select Subscribe from the options you see, then select a subscription plan, fill in your payment details, and complete the form to activate your Boosteroid subscription.
- After you are done search for “Gotham Knights” in the search bar and select the game’s tile from the list.
- On the page of the game, click Play Now, then click the OK button to connect Boosteroid with your Steam store account.
- Fill in your username and password on the store’s login screen.
- Gotham Knights should load on the screen in a few seconds. In case the game doesn’t start, launch it from the Library section of Steam and enjoy.
Play Gotham Knights on Mac M1
Gotham Knights can be played on a Mac M1 with Boosteroid or with the help of a Windows virtual machine created using Parallels.
In the next paragraph, we’ll show you how to install Parallels on a Mac and run the game locally. There is a detailed guide where you can learn how to configure a virtual computer in Parallels for optimal gaming performance. A brief version of that guide can be found below:
- Parallels is software that must be downloaded from the official website before it can be used.
- Simply double-click the download and choose “Install Parallels Desktop” to begin the installation. In order to proceed, you will be prompted to provide the program admin permissions.
- When Parallels launches, choose the Install Windows button and wait for the virtual machine to be created.
- The next thing to do is register for a Parallels account in order to access your virtual machine.
- After you’ve logged into your virtual PC install Steam or the Epic Games launcher and get the game from there.
If you want to play Gotham Knights on your Mac M1 without going through the Windows VM setup process, you can use Boosteroid and stream the game directly in your browser.
Play Gotham Knights on Mac with Boot Camp
To play Gotham Knights on an Intel Mac, you need to run the Boot Camp Assistant and install Windows from an ISO file. Quick instructions for the process are described below.
Playing Windows games on an Intel Mac requires a lengthy installation of Windows through Boot Camp. If your Mac is using an M1 chip, you can turn to Parallels and create a virtual machine with it.
This link takes you to a comprehensive tutorial on using Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows. If you want a quick recap of the instructions, you can find them below:
- Download the 64-bit ISO file of Windows 10 from Microsoft’s site.
- To launch Boot Camp Assistant, go to the Applications>>Utilities folder. Start the app and insert the Windows 10 ISO file in it.
- It’s important to clear some space on your hard drive before installing Windows or Gotham Knights, so do so before clicking the Install button.
- Restarting your Mac will bring up the Windows installation guide.
- After the installation of Windows, the next step is to set up the operating system and install any necessary drivers.
- Finally, install the Steam client or the Epic Games launcher on your Mac and use it to download Gotham Knights to your Windows computer.
If you follow these instructions, you can use your Mac to play Windows games just as if you were using a Windows PC.