Table of Contents
Playing Gang Beasts
Gang Beasts is a multiplayer party game featuring gelatinous and floppy characters, violent battle scenes, and dangerous settings set in a fictional metropolis named Beef City.
The basic gameplay consists on knocking out an opponent with punches or kicks and then trying to throw them over a stage danger using different physical talents. However, knocked-down opponents are not totally powerless, as they may fight back in order to be freed from their restraints.
This game isn’t a very complex one in terms of graphics or physics, and everything from its menus to its mechanics is straightforward. There are several game modes in Gang Beasts, including Melee, Gangs, Football, and Waves, as well as Local and Online play options.
As you advance in the game, there are different obstacles to avoid in each level, from meat grinders to giant flaps in the floor that get opened by big, falling sausages and your main goal is to try to avoid them as much as possible.
There are a variety of ways to knock out your opponents, punch them, kick them and more, and get an opportunity to throw them to the dangers on the way, but, while doing so, you are at the same risk of falling into the traps and obstacles as your opponents do. So be careful!
When it comes to gameplay, Gang Beasts developers seem to be aware that they have hit the gold with the mechanics, so they keep things simple.
The controls of the game are intuitive and give you a broad moveset. With the correct timing, a leap and a standard kick may knock an opponent out of the terrain. You can jab left and right, however the same buttons may also be used to grasp hold of other players, cones, girdes, or ledges, as well as other objects. To climb a wall, just release one hand from the hold and press the jump button.
In most battles, the players are unable to knock anybody off because they can’t keep their jellyboys on their feet. The winner is often the only one who didn’t fall off their own feet, but that doesn’t kill the fun, as all the joy in this game is in the chaos. In fact, it’s more fun to giggle at the wriggling bodies and the useless floppy headbutts than it is to master the game itself.
Gang Beasts lets you make some setting changes to the stage you want and the number of wins that you need to be a final winner. A variety of character customization options are available, including what color your character is and what costume they are wearing. Basically, these options do nothing for the game other than identifying your character among others and looking cute, but they still add up to the fun. You simply can’t be grumpy when you see a pumpking-head jellyboy throwing a wiggling pinguin under a runaway truck.
In a nutshell, if you’re looking for a deep or technical fighting game, Gang Beasts isn’t the game for you. However, if you are into janky, chaotic and unpredictable brawling, this video game can give you a lot of fun as its main charm hides exactly there.
Can you play Gang Beasts on Mac?
Gang Beasts is compatible with macOS X, thus there is no need to apply complicated workarounds to play the game. In order to guarantee a good gaming experience, just make sure your Mac computer meets the game’s minimum system requirements before buying it.
Downloading and playing Gang Beasts on a Mac may be done via Steam, a well-known online game store. It’s as simple as searching for Gang Beasts in the Steam search bar, purchasing the game, then downloading it after the Steam client has been installed.
How to play Gang Beasts on Mac
Downloading and installing the Steam client is all it takes to get Gang Beasts up and running on your Mac. A cloud-based gaming service called Boosteroid makes it possible to play Gang Beasts on a Mac without installing the game on your computer.
If you want to save some hard drive space, you may prefer to play Gang Beasts on your Mac via cloud gaming. Boosteroid is a subscription-based cloud-gaming service that allows you to stream Gang Beasts directly on your Mac. The service also offers a rich library with a broad variety of games, including many titles that don’t have Mac versions. Below you’ll find step-by-step instructions for using the Boosteroid cloud gaming service to play Gang Beasts on a macOS computer.
Gang Beasts Set Up Methods:
|Cloud Gaming||– No set-up required – Register and Play|
– Access to a Library of over 70 top-rated free Games
– Smooth performance even on old Macs
|– Monthly Fee|
– Requires Decent Internet Connection
|Native Version||– No Compatibility issues|
– Optimized for Mac
|– Slow Performance on older Macs|
To play Gang Beasts with Cloud Gaming:
First, you will need to purchase the game.
Update: Limited time offer now available at CDkeys.com, buy Gang Beasts at a discount (Steam Launcher)
Now you will need to register for Boosteroid. This allows you to add Gang Beasts to their Cloud Gaming Library. Once uploaded you can seamlessly play the game from your Mac, TV, or Mobile Device.
When Registered you will have additional access to more games for free. Pricing varies depending on the subscription plan.
Play Gang Beasts on Mac with Boosteroid
- Use your email address to register for a Boosteroid account on the Boosteroid website.
- Once you’ve signed in, click on your profile name from the menu that displays in the top-right corner of the screen, and then select the Subscribe option.
- After selecting a subscription plan from the list offered on the website and a payment method, you may begin using your Boosteroid subscription right away! You’ll only be prompted to input your payment information.
- Go to the Boosteroid search page by selecting the magnifying glass sign at the top of the page, type “Gang Beasts” in it and then choose the game from the list of results.
- Click the Play button on the game’s page when it loads.
- Connecting your Steam Store account to Boosteroid needs to be done by clicking the OK, and then the let’s go button once the initial loading is complete. To complete the process, you’ll be asked to log into the Steam Store.
- You’ll be able to play Gang Beasts as soon as the game loads up. We suggest using Full-Screen mode to hide your browser’s toolbar for a more immersive experience.
How to download Gang Beasts on Mac?
Gang Beasts can be downloaded and played on a Mac if you have the macOS version of the Steam client installed. To do that, on the Steam website, log into your Steam account and search for “Gang Beasts” in the search bar, purchase the game and then download it.
The process of downloading and playing Mac-compatible games is usually straightforward. In order to play the game, you’ll need to wait for it to download, but that shouldn’t take too long. Follow these easy steps to play Gang Beasts on your Mac:
- If you don’t already have a Steam account, you’ll need to create one on the Steam website and log in.
- After that, click the “Install Steam ” button at the very top of the page and follow the on-screen steps to get Steam running on your Mac.
- Open the Steam app, log in with your Steam credentials, and then choose Store from the menu.
- Type “Gang Beasts” into the Steam Store’s search bar and click on the resulting game.
- Once you’ve clicked “Add to Cart” and selected “Purchase for Myself”, you’ll be prompted to enter your payment information for the method you’ve chosen to purchase the game.
- Go to the Gang Beasts page on the Steam client and then choose Play Game. Before you can play the game, you will have to wait for the download to complete. Once it’s completed, you can either use the Steam client or the game’s icon in your Applications folder to start playing.
Gang Beasts on Mac M1
Mac machines with an M1 chip or an Intel CPU should have no issues to run Gang Beasts. So, as long as the Mac OS version of the game is compatible with your Mac OS version, you should be able to play Gang Beasts on a Mac with an M1 Chip without a problem. If you come across any issues, you should check the system requirements and compatibility on the game’s Steam page.
An important note that we need to mention here is that Macs with M1 CPUs may run apps originally designed for Intel-based Macs with the help of Apple’s Rosetta 2 emulation software. You’ll get an installation prompt for Rosetta 2 the first time you start an application designed for an Intel Mac. In order to complete the installation, all you need to do is to agree and follow the on-screen prompts. Then, after the initial installation, Rosetta will be activated whenever an Intel Mac program needs to be launched on an M1 chip Mac computer without any more actions from your side.